A three-day street festival like Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest is no small production. It takes the hard work and effort of staff, volunteers and artists who all love what they do. To put the festival in perspective, here are some fun facts and stats from the weekend!
1. Weight of Mountain Avenue stage: 42,000 pounds (equivalent to the weight of about 6,000 guitars)
2. One of our staff member’s steps over the weekend (recorded by Fitbit): 62,000 (the distance from Fort Collins to Longmont)
3. Volunteers: 638
4. Bags of ice: 650
5. Total number of musicians: 368 (all paid!)
6. Number of instruments used by artists: An estimated 552
7. Number of instruments made at Kids’ Music Adventure: 452
8. Number of bands new to the festival: 36
9. Total number of minutes on weather delay (with no show cancellations): 49 minutes
10. Total crew meals: 2,000
Some not so serious stats:
One giant bottle of Cholula hot sauce eaten by Bohemian Nights staff over the weekend.
Approximately 5 million cans of La Croix drank by staff.
Favorite staff meal: Fajitas with copious amounts of previously mentioned Cholula.
And a million smiles and good times had by all!